A DOS attack early last week forced us to review page performance. The improvements made are:
- Improved caching of the sites to get a ~5 times improvement in load speeds.
- Applied rate limiting to a site to prevent malicious attacks on all sites.
- Blocked common attack vectors for a Wordpress/php site to reduce load on servers.
- Blocked pinging services that clog your google analytics. These flooded referrer stats to gain backlinks.
- Compression on sites are now performed immediately after a Jekyll compile.
- Added support for highlight tag in markdown editor. This retains the content like a pre tag.
- Users will need to downgrade before deleting their account to stop accidental deletions
- New pages list in the Collections section. This allows clients to navigate and clone pages
- Added support for category posts folders. Each category is listed in the Collections section. For example, posts in
/cats/_postsare separated from those inside
/_posts. All drafts remain in
/_drafts/, upon publishing the category decides where they should go. No change will occur if you have all posts in
- Safari client editor failed to login on first use
- Client editor move/delete files were not working for some users
- WebSocket connection fixed for firefox windows
- Auth routes broke in some cases
- General bug fixes and tweeks