Hosting / Domains
Adding a subdomain is the same as adding a Custom Domain. To add a subdomain:
- Go to the Site Settings / Domain section
- Enter the domain including the subdomain
If your domain is example.com, adding www. to the front defines www as the subdomain.
When there are multiple sites with subdomains on the same domain, a subdomain is delegated as the main domain. All unallocated subdomains redirect to the sites with the main domain. For example:
- A site has www.example.com attached
- Another site has docs.example.com attached
- www.example.com is set as the main domain
Visiting any subdomain other than www.example.com or docs.example.com will redirect to www.example.com.
To set a site with a subdomain as the main domain:
- Create at least two sites with the same domain and different subdomains
- Navigate to the Site Settings / Base Domain section
- Click Set Main Domain on a site to redirect all unused subdomains there